Thursday, February 4, 2010

Valentine's Day Fashion - What to Wear?!

The big day of love is coming up in a little over a week - you excited yet? This Valentine's Day I am going to be doing some wining and dining with my fiancĂ© and friends. To me, that is the best way to spend a day that is all about love. Now that I have an idea of what I am doing, three words are starting to loom over my head..."What to wear?" The first questions to ask is, am I going to wear something old, or get something new. New isn’t always better and you just might have something already in your closet. If you need help finding the right thing to wear, I have some idea's based on location of what a girl can pull together, look fabulous and feel amazing. Be sure to also wear popular Valentines day colors such as red, and pink and white. Men love red!

1. Keep it casual - Like me, if you are planning on going to dinner with a special someone and friends, this is your chance to throw on a pair of sexy shoes and romantic necklace to look and feel amazing. Check out Express' Beaded Flower Bib necklace or Long and Layered Flower Chain Necklace (http://www.express.com/home.jsp) if you are looking for a statement piece. P.S. They even have a Buy 1 Get 1 50% off right now. And shoes can really make an outfit when you are having a casual dinner with friends. I like to put a spin on animal print and pair leopard print booties similar to the one's at Newport News for just $29 with skinny jeans.



2. Sporting events don't have to be sweaty - When I think of style at a sporting event, I immediately think of Eva Longoria Parker. She is the epitome of keeping it fabulous in a not so fabulous place. Pair a neutral (grey, black, brown, cream) long sleeve-T or long sweater dress with black tights and black boots. Add a silky scarf, silver hoops and a fedora for an extra punch of wow.



4. Formal V-Day - I would be lying if I said I would be a little out of my comfort zone with a fancy formal Valentine's Day. But I think I have just the right outfit for this type of occasion. The one shoulder dress is the first dress that comes to mind. See the dress below from Victoria's Secret. It comes in an assortment of colors. I would go with the red for Valentine's Day.



4. Surprise Date - Do you not know where you are going for Valentine's Day? The excitement must be driving you nuts. I saved this type of date for last because it may be the most difficult to determine what to wear. If you really have no idea where you are going, here is what I would recommend. A dressy blouse with jeans. It's not too over the top but jeans help keep the look casual.



Also, if you are in the Detroit area and want a staple accessory, email me at rubybykaleyelizabeth@hotmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment