Tuesday, February 2, 2010

'I don't do fashion, I am fashion.' Coco Chanel

It's the second day in February and I am so tired of the cold weather. Granted, I live in Michigan and just last weekend it was 50 degrees, I am fully tired of the dark and dreary days. I am even starting to get in a fashion rut by wearing the same old sweater and jeans for the past 2 months. Instead of ditching my entire wardrobe all together, I think we should evaluate 5 ways to beat the Winter-wardrobe Woes.

1. Slowly bring back bright colors — just wear one pop of color at a time. For example, pair a bright pink skirt with a neutral black top and black jacket. Even throw on a pair of black tights and black booties and it will add a touch of glamour.

2. Bright tights - I am sure we have seen bright tights popping up in some of our favorite stores. Well, we need to fully take advantage of this boost of color to kick start our every day skirts, dresses and accessories.

3. Blazers are NOT for Bankers - It is no longer the case where blazers should only be worn with dress pants. A blazer and button-down paired with a colorful scarf is perfect for client meetings and running around the town.

4. Faux-fur Vest - I am thinking that you may own a puffy vest. Old Navy is the King of puffy vests. That is just a guess and I apologize if that is not the case. Instead of the puffy vest, try a faux-fur vest. This piece of clothing serves a couple purposes. One, it will keep you warm when the temperature starts to drop. Two, it will turn an average going out outfit up a notch. No need to throw on any accessories when you wear a top like this.

5. Winter Shorts are a Go-Go - What is the difference between a skirt and tights and shorts and tights? In my opinion, nothing. It's a fresh look that will change up a blah winter wardrobe. Please note that I am not referring to a pair of jean shorts. Choose a heavier fabric (i.e. wool) and pair with a sweater and boots.

If you have any questions on how to stay clear of winter blues, email me at rubybykaleyelizabeth@hotmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment